How many calories does one serving of Baingan Methi ki Subzi have?
One serving of Baingan Methi ki Subzi gives 96 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 42 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 38 calories. One serving of Baingan Methi ki Subzi provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Baingan Methi ki Subzi recipe. Sometimes it is magical how even simple ingredients can be transformed into splendid delicacies by using the right combinations and methods. In the Baingan Methi ki Subzi, the humble brinjal combines with iron and calcium rich methi, and a freshly-prepared masala powder, to form a scrumptious dry subzi
Is Baingan Methi ki Subzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Brinjal (baingan) : Foods like Brinjal have a low glycemic index and good for weight loss. Brinjals are a very good source of fibre. It also prevents blood glucose from shooting up and is good for diabetics. Brinjals are rich in folate, which is required for producing Red Blood Cells (RBC’s) and also helps to prevent anaemia. See all the 7 amazing benefits of baingan.
2. Methi (fenugreek leaves) : Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Rich in Vitamin K which is good for bone metabolism. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Baingan Methi ki Subzis ?
Yes, this is healthy. Brinjal also prevents blood glucose from shooting up and is good for diabetics. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Great for weight loss also.
Can healthy individuals have Baingan Methi ki Subzis ?
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Baingan Methi ki Subzi is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss subzis
3. Diabetic Subzis
4. Healthy Heart Subzis
6. Kids weight loss
7. Low glycemic veg dinner
8. Low glycemic veg lunch
Baingan Methi ki Subzis high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 96 calories that come from Baingan Methi ki Subzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 29 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.