How many calories does one serving of Toovar Methi Na Dhokla have?
One serving of Toovar Methi Na Dhokla gives 525 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 216 calories, proteins account for 82 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 226 calories. One serving of Toovar Methi Na Dhokla provides about 26 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Toovar Methi Na Dhokla recipe. The liberal use of chillies makes it appealing to spice lovers, while the goodness of toovar dal and methi makes it acceptable to the health-conscious as well.
Is Toovar Methi Na Dhokla healthy?
Yes, this is healthy for some and not for others. Made from toovar dal, methi, curds, green chillies, oil and spices.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Toor Dal (tuvar dal, arhar dal, toovar dal) : Toor dal is rich in proteins, the building block of good health. High in fiber, diabetic and heart friendly. Being an excellent source of folic acid, pregnant women must include toor dal in their daily diet. Being an excellent source of fibre it helps in preventing and relieving gastric problems like constipation. See detailed benefits of toor dal.
Methi (fenugreek leaves) : Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Rich in Vitamin K which is good for bone metabolism. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Toovar Methi Na Dhokla ?
No, as there is a lot of oil used in this recipe. If you must, then cut the oil usage by 50%.
Can healthy individuals have Toovar Methi Na Dhokla?
Yes, but don't have too many pieces as there is a lot of oil used.
Toovar Methi Na Dhokla is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Potassium : Potassium is critical for those with high blood pressure as it lessen the impact of sodium. Eat more avocados, bananas, watermelons, papaya, plums and grapefruits.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
7. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
8. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 525 calories that come from one serving of Toovar Methi Na Dhokla?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 38 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 53 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 30 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.