How many calories does one Stuffed Spinach Paratha have?
One Stuffed Spinach Paratha gives 214 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 86 calories, proteins account for 26 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 105 calories. One Stuffed Spinach Paratha provides about 11 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Stuffed Spinach Paratha recipe.Yum paneer and healthy carrot come together in the stuffing for these exciting green-tinged parathas made with a dough of wheat flour and spinach puree. Thanks to the softness imparted by the puree, these Stuffed Spinach Parathas stay nice and fresh in the tiffin box for around five hours. Your kids will love the succulent paneer based filling in every bite of these sumptuous Parathas .
Is Stuffed Spinach Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
3. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
4. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have stuffed spinach paratha ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT use low fat paneer instead of full fat paneer. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Carrots relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol.
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or or a low fat cucumber raita.
Low Fat Curds ( How To Make Low Fat Curds)
Can healthy individuals have stuffed spinach paratha ?
Yes. Stuffed Spinach Parathas – For Healthy Eyes. Carrot, spinach and paneer are 3 beta-carotene (vitamin A) rich sources which are combined in these healthy parathas. Here paneer also adds enough protein (6.6 g per paratha). Vitamin A is a key nutrient which combines with protein to aid in clear vision. Moreover, these parathas also provide a good dose of iron, which is necessary for a constant supply of oxygen to the cells of the eyes. Serve them for breakfast, lunch or snacks…. to elders or to kids – each one is sure to give you an applaud.
Stuffed Spinach Paratha is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 214 calories that come from Stuffed Spinach Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 4 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 21 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 29 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 37 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.