How many calories does One cup of Sprouted and Boiled Moong have?
One cup of Sprouted and Boiled Moong gives 256 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 174 calories, proteins account for 74 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 9 calories. One cup of Sprouted and Boiled Moong provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sprouted and Boiled Moong recipe.
Sprouted Moong is a healthy snack had over decades in India. It's really common to see it at the breakfast table or parts of buffet in India. Many Indian women love to sprout their moong at home.
Is Sprouted Boiled Moong healthy?
Yes, Sprouted and Boiled Moong is healthy. Made up of only moong which is super healthy and lets see why.
Moong sprouts contain extra proteins: Sprouting increases the availability of proteins. For example, on sprouting, the protein content of moong increases by 30%, i.e., 100 gm of unsprouted moong contains 24.9 gm protein, but on sprouting it increases to 32 gm. The inactive enzymes present in the seeds also become active after sprouting, thereby enabling easier digestion and absorption.
Moong sprouts are easy to digest and great for those on weight loss. So go ahead and add your moong sprouts to salad. Probably the best way to have them is add some salt and chilli powder and have it as your healthy snack during the day.
Here is a super way of having moong and you can try the Sukha Moong recipe.
Sprouted and Boiled Moong is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 256 calories that come from Sprouted and Boiled Moong?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 17 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 26 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 34 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 44 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.