How many calories does one serving of Spinach and Mint Juice have?
One serving of Spinach and Mint Juice gives 28 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 15 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 5 calories. One serving of Spinach and Mint Juice provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach and Mint Juice recipe.
Is Spinach and Mint Juice healthy?
Yes and No, depending who is having this. Made from spinach, mint, coriander and lemon juice.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of RBC in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach and Mint Juice?
Yes for heart patients. No for diabetics as any juice will push blood sugar up. Better to have the fruit. Good for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Spinach and Mint Juice?
Perfect healthy vegetable juice recipe.
Spinach and Mint Juice is good for
1. Healthy Lifestyle recipes
2. Weight Loss drinks
3. Athletes Juices
4. Healthy Heart drink
5. Pregnancy juice : Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells.
6. Kids healthy recipes
7. Cold and cough : Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C
8. Good for eyes : Oranges, Papaya and Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness.
Spinach and Mint Juice is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 28 calories that come from Spinach and Mint Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 8 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.