How many calories does one serving of Pyaz wali Bhindi have?
One serving of Pyaz wali Bhindi gives 111 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 49 calories, proteins account for 14 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 48 calories. One serving of Pyaz wali Bhindi provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Pyaz wali Bhindi Recipe. A perfect low calorie version of the famous north-indian delicacy in which the ladies finger is tossed with sautéed onions. Traditionally the bhindis are deep-fried to whip up this delicacy. Here is a heart-friendly variation to enjoy your favourite subzi and yet keep a check on calories as well as fat.
Is Pyaz wali Bhindi healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Bhindi (lady finger, okra) : The vitamin Folate (B9) present in lady finger is required in blood RBC production. There are also fair amounts of Vitamin C, which boosts immunity. There are good amounts for dietary fiber present and hence good for diabetics and weight loss. It lowers cholesterol and good for heart. See the 10 amazing benefits of lady finger.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Pyaz wali Bhindi?
Can healthy individuals have Pyaz wali Bhindi?
Pyaz wali Bhindi – A Healthy Sabzi. Bhindi is a vegetable loved by many. Also known as lady finger or Okra commonly, it is a valuable source of antioxidants, folate, vitamin C and fiber. Each of these key nutrients pool in their share of benefits. The antioxidants and fiber together will help to keep cholesterol under check and work towards a healthy heart. The antioxidants by themselves also help fight the free radicals form the body which otherwise are a cause of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. The fiber in Pyaz wali Bhindi, along with its low calorie count, promotes weight loss. The high folate (64%) present in this subzi helps to protect the heart and prevent folic acid deficiency anaemia. Thus it is considered healthy for moms-to-be too. It helps them build folate levels, which is the most crucial in the first trimester to foster brain development of the fetus. Diabetics too can enjoy this diabetic sabzi, as bhindi with its low glycemic index of 20 will manage blood sugar levels fairly well. Overall this Pyaz wali Bhindi ki Subzi suits one and all and is a fare which can be enjoyed by the entire family with whole wheat phulkas.
Pyaz wali Bhindi is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 111 calories that come from Pyaz wali Bhindi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 33 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 11 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 15 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 19 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.