How many calories does one serving of Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi have?
One serving of Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi gives 232 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 44 calories, proteins account for 37 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 150 calories. One serving of Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi recipe. This quick and easy, no-fuss dish brings together three of your favourite ingredients – spinach, cottage cheese and green peas. A tempering of everyday ingredients and a dash of common spice powders gives the trio a fantastic taste, which combines beautifully with Indian breads of all kinds, be it rotis or phulkas .
Is Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
3. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi ?
Yes, BUT cut the amount of oil used and use low fat paneer in the recipe. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi? Have healthy rotis or parathas.
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Basic Ragi Roti, Nachni Roti
Healthy paratha recipes like yellow moong dal and spring onion paratha made with whole wheat flour + yellow moong dal. Paushtic parathas is another option.
Yellow Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha
Can healthy individuals have Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi ?
Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 232 calories that come from Palak Matar Paneer Sabzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 10 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 23 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 40 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.