How many calories does one serving of Mushroom and Coriander Subzi have?
One serving of Mushroom and Coriander Subzi gives 86 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 35 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 29 calories. One serving of Mushroom and Coriander Subzi provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mushroom and Coriander Subzi recipe. Dhania is a great match for mushrooms! It really perks up the flavour and complements its colour too, making the dish visually and gastronomically appealing. The excitement is multiplied, thanks to a spicy paste of onions and cauliflower, which works well along with fenugreek leaves and garam masala to make this Mushroom and Coriander Subzi a top-ranking main course.
Is Mushroom and Coriander Subzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body. to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
3. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
4. Cauliflower : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage) maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
5. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mushroom and Coriander Subzi ?
Yes, this is made from low fat milk, low fat curds and fibre rich vegetables which are good for diabetics, weight loss and heart. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels.
Can healthy individuals have Mushroom and Coriander Subzi ?
Mushroom and Coriander Subz is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss subzis
3. Diabetic Subzis
4. Healthy Heart Subzis
6. Kids weight loss
7. Low glycemic veg dinner
8. Low glycemic veg lunch
Mushroom and Coriander Subzi is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 86 calories that come from Mushroom and Coriander Subzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 26 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 9 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 11 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 15 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.