How many calories does one serving of Mushroom Mutter Masala have?
One serving of Mushroom Mutter Masala gives 123 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 75 calories, proteins account for 31 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 19 calories. One serving of Mushroom Mutter Masala provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mushroom Mutter Masala recipe. This unique recipe features mushroom and green peas in a delectable milk and onion based gravy thickened with besan, and enhanced with dried fenugreek leaves.
Mushroom Mutter Masala is chock-full of nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin A from milk, protein and fibre from mushrooms and green peas.
Is Mushroom Mutter Masala healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body. to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
2. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
3. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
4. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mushroom Mutter Masala ?
Yes, this is healthy. We have used low fat milk in the recipe which is good for diabetics and heart patients. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. The quercetin from onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body.
Can healthy individuals have Mushroom Mutter Masala ?
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Mushroom Mutter Masala is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 123 calories that come from Mushroom Mutter Masala?
Walking (6 kmph) = 37 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 16 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 21 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual