How many calories does one serving of Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy have?
One serving of Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy gives 75 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 50 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 5 calories. One serving of Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy recipe. A mouth-watering treat of mixed vegetables drowned in an awesome gravy of spinach and fenugreek leaves, flavoured simply with green chilli paste.
The addition of methi to the spinach base is what makes this recipe so interesting, because it lends a unique, pleasantly-bitter flavour to it.
Mixed veggies and onions lend a juicy crunch to this recipe, which is loaded with iron and folic acid from the greens.
Is Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Methi (fenugreek leaves) : Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Rich in Vitamin K which is good for bone metabolism. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
3. Mixed Vegetables : Mixed vegetables get the benefits of lots of nutrients as you are using cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, french beans and green peas. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. Rich in Antioxidant and read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower. Cabbage is low in cal, relieves constipation, good for diabetics and see here all benefits of cabbage. Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
4. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
5. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy ?
Yes. This recipe uses low fat milk and healthy ingredients. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves.
Can healthy individuals have Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy?
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss subzis
3. Diabetic Subzis
4. Healthy Heart Subzis
6. Kids weight loss
7. Low glycemic veg dinner
8. Low glycemic veg lunch
Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 75 calories that come from Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.