How many calories does one slice of Mango Sponge Cake have?
One slice of Mango Sponge Cake gives 410 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 240 calories, proteins account for 29 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 142 calories. One slice of Mango Sponge Cake provides about 20 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Mango Sponge Cake Recipe. Who does not like the tongue-tickling flavour of sweet mangoes? Indeed, mangoes are closely connected to our lives and when the season is in full blast in the summer, we cannot resist the temptation to binge on something mango-based every single day!
This Mango Cake is another delightful recipe to add to your mango collection. A soft and fluffy cake with the irresistible flavour of mangoes, combined with the rich milky taste of condensed milk and a tinge of vanilla, this one is sure to become a great hit with everybody.
Decorate it and use it for a party , or slice it and serve it with tea – either way it tastes simply fabulous. You can also have a go at other cake recipes like the Vanilla Sponge Cake or Eggless Chocolate Cake .
Is Mango Sponge Cake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Mango (Aam) : The most important role Mango has is to build our immune system by building our white blood cells (WBC) and in turn help to keep diseases like common cold and cough at bay. Another key nutrient that mango is brimming with is magnesium. This mineral along with potassium helps to in maintaining normal heart rate, relaxes the blood vessels and keeps blood pressure also under check. research shows that moderate consumption of mangoes could assist in weight loss. This is because mangoes are rich in fiber. When mango is in season, a diabetic can occasionally satisfy his/her cravings of this delicious fruit within the suggested serving size i.e. ½ mango or 2 to 3 slices. Remember to include these calories and carbs as a part of your daily meal plan. See detailed benefits of mango.
2. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
3. Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
4. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
2. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mango Sponge Cake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Mango Sponge Cake?
5 main ingredients of Mango Sponge Cake which are issues
1. Plain flour or maida which is a refined ingredient and not good for health. Healthy eating should aim at avoiding these ingredients completely from your diet and sadly cake uses a lot of it.
2. Condensed Milk : Condensed milk is sweetened full fat milk which is thickend. Its a refined carb which has zero nutritional value and leads to weight gain and inflammation of the body from many hours after consumption. Even worse, it creates a cycle of you feeling hungry again in a very short time. So you will keep eating!
3. Butter : Butter will increase the fat level signifacntly and not good for weight loss or diabetics.
4. Sugar : Sugar is a refined carb which has zero nutritional value and leads to weight gain and inflammation of the body from many hours after consumption. Even worse, it creates a cycle of you feeling hungry again in a very short time. So you will keep eating!
5. Mango : This is a healthy fruit but not good for weight loss or diabetics as it has high fat and high glucose levels.
Can i eat Mango Sponge Cake occasionally ?
The fact is that this cake is unhealthy as its made of refined ingredients and not suitable for daibetics and healthy life style. You can eat one slice of cake as a cheat meal. thats it.
Mango Sponge Cake is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 410 calories that come from Mango Sponge Cake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 3 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 41 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 55 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 10 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.