How many calories does one tbsp Low Calorie Green Chutney have?
One tbsp Low Calorie Green Chutney gives 15 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 10 calories, proteins account for 3 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 2 calories. One tbsp Low Calorie Green Chutney provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Low Calorie Green Chutney recipe. Chutneys are a favourite accompaniment for snacks as well for main meals. This Low Calorie Green Chutney uses roasted chana dal (daria) instead of fat laden ingredients like coconut and peanuts. Curds and lemon jucie have been used to retain the fresh green colour of this Low Calorie Green Chutney. Store this low calorie green chutney in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Enjoy how to make Low Calorie Green Chutney recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
Is Low Calorie Green Chutney healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Chana Dal ( split bengal gram) : One cup of cooked Chana Dal provides 33% of your protein for the day. Chana dal is heart and diabetic friendly, also rich in fiber. Chana dal has high amount of potassium and low amount of sodium which makes it very effective in regulating your blood pressure. Read this article on complete benefits of chana dal.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
4. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Low Calorie Green Chutney?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. We have used low fat ingredients in this recipe. Chana dal is heart and diabetic friendly, also rich in fiber. Chana dal has high amount of potassium and low amount of sodium which makes it very effective in regulating your blood pressure. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood.
Here are some Healthy snack options with chutney
You can have Baked Samosa with mixed sprouts, Matarsutir Kachori, Oats Moong Dal Tikki, Baked methi muthia recipe, moong dal dhokla recipe, bajra carrot onion uttapam recipe , mini jowar pancakes or buckwheat pancake as one healthy recipe option.
Moong Dal Dhokla ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
Can healthy individuals have Low Calorie Green Chutney?
Yes. Low Calorie Green Chutney – An Accompaniment to Healthy Snacks
Lots of coriander, chana dal for binding, green chilli as spice and lemon juice for balance of flavour and colour – that’s what this Low Calorie Green Chutney comprises of. 1 tsp of chutney which provides 15 calories and 1.1 g of fiber, is a nourishing accompaniment option to most Indian snacks. Serve this chutney with dhoklas, uttapas, muthias, pancakes or use it to make some healthy chaat like Non-Fried Pakodi Chaat.
Low Calorie Green Chutney is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 15 calories that come from Low Calorie Green Chutney?
Walking (6 kmph) = 5 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 2 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 2 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.