How many calories does one Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raitahave?
One Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita gives 24 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 15 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 0.9 calories. One Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita recipe. This tangy curd preparation makes a wonderful summertime treat when served chilled.
Grated lauki contributes minimal calories and also blends perfectly with the 'minty' flavour of this raita.
Is Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Doodhi (bottle gourd, lauki) : With extremely low levels of sodium, this doodhi is highly suitable for those with high BP. It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart and they're onwards to all parts of the body. It helps prevent acidity and good for diabetics. See the 10 benefits of bottlegourd article for complete information.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita ?
Yes, this is healthy. Doodhi helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart. Low fat curds are used in this recipe which works well for diabetics and weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita ?
Yes, this is heatthy.
Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low cholesterol accompaniment
3. Low cholesterol salads, raitas
4. Healthy heart accompaniment
5. Healthy heart salad, raitas
6. Diabetic with heart issues
7. Diabetic Accompaniments
8. Diabetic salads, raitas
How to burn 24 calories that come from Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 7 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 2 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 3 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 4 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.