How many calories does one tbsp Homemade Almond Butter have?
One tbsp Homemade Almond Butter gives 103 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 6 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 85 calories. One tbsp Homemade Almond Butter provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Homemade Almond Butter recipe. This Homemade Almond Butter gives you a better flavour than you bargain for, because the nuts are roasted before blending. A dash of coconut oil further improves the flavour of this butter, apart from boosting its health benefits.
Almond butter is a great source of Protein, while coconut gives you healthy fatty acids of medium chain triglycerides. It is always better to make your almond butter at home as store-bought almond butter contains loads of sugar and hydrogenated vegetable fats, which are not good for you.
Is Homemade Almond Butter healthy?
If you have the right recipe, then Almond Butter is super healthy. It is made of 2 ingredients, Almonds + Coocnut Oil. Its basically 99% pure Almonds. The coocnut oil is a medium chain tryglyceride (MCT) and deliberately added to this butter. Coconut is good for your heart and directly gets digested into your body. We have not added an ounce of sugar to this recipe and most store bought Almond Butter has sugar and vegetable oil added.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Almonds (badam) : Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
2. Coconut Oil : Coconut oil is a medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s). Unlike other fats, they go directly from the gut to the liver. From here, they are then used as a source of energy or converted into ketones. As the calories in MCT’s are used straight away, they are less likely to be stored as fats in the body. MCT's have shown to improve your brain and memory function, they also give a boost to your energy levels and improve your endurance. The MCT in Coconut oil reduces the LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) while increasing the count of HDL cholesterol, maintaining normal blood pressure and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of coconut oil.
This butter is also a super healthy snack to have often during the day. Also we recommend trying Homemade Peanut Butter.
Homemade Almond Butter is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks in limited quantity
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
Homemade Almond Butter is high in
1. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 103 calories that come from Homemade Almond Butter?
Walking (6 kmph) = 31 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 14 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 18 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.