How many calories does one serving of Healthy Kadhi have?
One serving of Healthy Kadhi gives 77 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 43 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 14 calories. One serving of Healthy Kadhi provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Healthy Kadhi recipe. Kadhi is one of the most popular Indian main course dishes. Made of curd, thickened with besan, and spiced up in different variants, the kadhi kind of refreshes your taste buds and helps loosen the food you eat it with.
Kadhi is generally a healthy option because it gives fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin Eand Vitamin K. We have gone a step further and modified the traditional Gujarati version of Kadhi, to make it a low-cholesterol and diabetic-friendly.
Is Healthy Kadhi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Kadhi ?
Yes, this recipe is made specially for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The traditional Gunarati Kadhi is made with lots of sugar and full fat curds. So enjoy this recipe.
Can healthy individuals have Kadhi ?
Kadhi is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss Dals
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Healthy Heart Dals
5. Weight loss after Pregnancy
7. Cold and cough
8. Diabetic Dals
9. Pregnancy First Trimester
How to burn 77 calories that come from Healthy Kadhi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.