How many calories does one serving of Fresh Fruit Raita have?
One serving of Fresh Fruit Raita gives 95 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 74 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One serving of Fresh Fruit Raita provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Fresh Fruit Raita recipe. This sweet and delicious raita makes use of curds-which is a powerhouse of calcium. A cup of low-fat curd meets 25% of the adult recommended dietary allowance for calcium. So ensure that you include a cup of curd in your daily intake of food. This raita will ensure that you stock up on calcium through tasty means!
Is Fresh Fruit Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
3. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
4. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
5. Pomegranate, Anar : Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory properties. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit. Pomegranates contain nitrates which are shown to improve exercise performance. A study conducted on athletes stated that pomegranates if taken 30 minutes before exercise, significantly enhances the blood flow to the exercising muscles. High in vitamin C, a good source of fiber and low in calories, pomegranate juice contains antioxidants that will help to protect your blood lipids from oxidation and good for heart. See detailed benefits of pomegranate.
6. Pineapple : ½ cup of chopped pineapple contains 2.3 grams of fiber and being a natural laxative helps in keeping your bowel movements smooth and regular. It also helps you feel satiated for a longer period of time which eventually decreases your entire calorie intake in a day. However, it is always better to have fresh pineapple. Pineapple has a low glycemic load of about 5. and should be eaten in moderation by diabetics.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Fresh Fruit Raita?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. We have used low fat curds and low fat milk in this recipe. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit.
Can healthy individuals have Fresh Fruit Raita ?
Fresh Fruit Raita is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low cholesterol accompaniment
3. Low cholesterol salads, raitas
4. Healthy heart accompaniment
5. Healthy heart salad, raitas
6. Diabetic with heart issues
7. Diabetic Accompaniments
8. Diabetic salads, raitas
Fresh Fruit Raita is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 95 calories that come from Fresh Fruit Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 29 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.