How many calories does one slice of Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake using Condensed Milk have?
One slice of Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Condensed Milk gives 276 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 169 calories, proteins account for 24 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 86 calories. One slice of Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Condensed Milk provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Condensed Milk Recipe. Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake using Condensed Milk is made from plain flour, condensed milk, baking powder, baking soda and butter.
Easy and simple to make, Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake using Condensed Milk is a basic cake to make. There is minimal use of ingredients.
Vegetarians often lose out on the pleasure of pastries and other western desserts because of the presence of egg in those recipes. We have replaced eggs with condensed milk in Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake using Condensed Milk.
Usage of Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake using Condensed Milk in eggless desserts like Sponge Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Mousse Cake.
You could use Vanilla Glaze Icing, Butter Cream Icing or Mocha Glaze Icing to top your Eggless Vanilla Cake. These icings enhance the flavour of the cake giving a variation to Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake.
Many famous restaurants serve Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake using Condensed Milk as evening tea snacks along with a cup of tea.
5 main ingredients of Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake which are issues
1. Plain flour or maida which is a refined ingredient and not good for health. Healthy eating should aim at avoiding these ingredients completely from your diet and sadly cake uses a lot of it.
2. Butter : Butter will increase the fat level signifacntly and not good for weight loss or diabetics.
3. Sugar : Sugar is a refined carb which has zero nutritional value and leads to weight gain and inflammation of the body from many hours after consumption. Even worse, it creates a cycle of you feeling hungry again in a very short time. So you will keep eating!
4. Condensed Milk : This is sweetened full fat milk which is thickend and devoid of fibre which slows down the fat buring process.
What's good in the cake ?
This cake is lower in fat compared to Chocolate Truffle Cake.
Can i eat Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake occasionally ?
The fact is that this cake is unhealthy as its made of refined ingredients and not suitable for daibetics and healthy life style. You can eat one slice of cake as a cheat meal. thats it.
Is Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Condensed Milk healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
What's the problem?
1. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
2. Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Condensed Milk?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. his recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
How to burn 276 calories that come from Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Condensed Milk?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 28 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 37 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 47 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.