How many calories does one serving of Dal Dhokli have?
One serving of Dal Dhokli gives 366 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 197 calories, proteins account for 42 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 131 calories. One serving of Dal Dhokli provides about 18 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Dal Dhokli recipe. Dal dhokli is a sunday morning delight in most traditional Gujarati households! A perfect combination of spiced whole wheat flour dhoklis simmered in Gujarati dal, this can be classified as a sumptuous one-dish meal , but you could also serve it with rice to make it all the more tasty and wholesome.
Is Dal Dhokli healthy?
Yes, dal dhokli is healthy. Made of dal + dhokli. The dhokli is made of whole wheat flour and besan. The dal is made of Toor Dal and Indian spices.
Let's understand the ingredients.
Whole Wheat flour : cup of whole wheat flour is used. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also more protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you
Toor Dal : Toor dal is rich in proteins, the building block of good health. High in fiber, diabetic and heart friendly. Being an excellent source of folic acid, pregnant women must include toor dal in their daily diet. See detailed benefits of toor dal.
Can Diabetics, Heart patients and over weight individuals have dal dhokli?
Yes, dal dhokli is healthy for all. It's high in fiber and rich in protein which works well for diabetics. While it does have 366 calories, this is really a meal by itself. For safety, diabetics can cut the fat levels added to the recipe by a bit.
Is dal dhokli suitable for a healthy life style?
Yes, this is a meal by itself. It has dal + dhokli which is filling. Pair this with a glass of chass and your meal is complete. Happy eating.
Chaas, Buttermilk Recipe, Salted Chaas Recipe
dal dhokli is good for
1. Healthy Lifestyle
2. Weight loss
4. Heart Patients
Dal Dhokli is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Vitamin B3 : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 366 calories that come from one serving of Dal Dhokli?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hrs 50 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 37 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 49 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.