How many calories does one serving of Dahi Chane ki Subzi have?
One serving of Dahi Chane ki Subzi gives 210 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 59 calories, proteins account for 34 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 101 calories. One serving of Dahi Chane ki Subzi provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Dahi Chane ki Subzi recipe. Also called "Chane Jaisalmer Ke", this dish of red chana simmered in a curd gravy makes a wonderful accompaniment for both rice as well as rotis. Traditionally, this Dahi Chane ki Subzi is served with missi roti as the two complement each other well in flavour and texture; the curd-based subzi offsets the dryness of missi rotis beautifully. However, you can serve it with any type of rotis or even puris. This dish is very easy to prepare and uses minimal ingredients, and you are assured of a perfect result provided you take care while adding the curds and besan mixture into the chana. The secret is to stir it continuously till it comes to a boil, to prevent the curd gravy from splitting.
Is Dahi Chane ki Subzi healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Kala chana : Kala chana is a healthy addition to your diet. Being high in protein and fiber, Kala Chana a good option for those aspiring weight loss. Like most pulses and legumes, kala chana also abounds in fiber, thus helping to keep you full for hours. When cooked with other healthy ingredients, kala chana is suitable for heart disease as well. Diabetics too enjoy them in restricted quantities. Brimming with calcium, they support bone health and being a good source of iron, they help build red blood cells (RBC) and hemoglobin levels.
3. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Dahi Chane ki Subzi?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Kala chana is a healthy addition to your diet. Being high in protein and fiber, Kala Chana a good option for those aspiring weight loss. Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.
Can healthy individuals have Dahi Chane ki Subzi?
Dahi Chane ki Subzi is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 210 calories that come from one serving of Dahi Chane ki Subzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 3 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 21 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 28 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 36 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.