How many calories does one serving of Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing have?
One serving of Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing gives 167 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 114 calories, proteins account for 32 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 21 calories. One serving of Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing recipe. One of the most nutritious beans - chick peas are rich in iron, protein and folic acid. Curds enrich this tangy salad with more protein and calcium while coriander and mint increase its vitamin a content. Chill this salad before you serve it so as to relish its delightful flavours.
Is Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Kabuli Chana ( white chick peas) : Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex cab which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Chickpeas are high in Fibre resulting in your stomach feeling a lot fuller than refined carbs. One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount. See here for 10 fabolous benefits of chickpeas.
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
3. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
4. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
5. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex cab which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Coriander is good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics.
Can healthy individuals have Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing ?
Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing is good for
1. Weight Loss
2. Diabetics Salads
3. Healthy Heart Salads
4. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
5. Lower blood pressure salads
6. Pregnany Salads
7. Low cholesterol salads
8. Kids high fibre food
Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 167 calories that come from Chick Pea Salad with Mint Dressing?
Walking (6 kmph) = 50 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 17 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 22 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 29 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.