How many calories does one cup of Chenna have?
One cup of Chenna gives 719 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 133 calories, proteins account for 104 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 354 calories. One cup of Chenna provides about 36 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Chenna recipe. Chenna is coagulated milk which acts a base for various Bengali delicacies like Rasgulla , Sandesh and Chum Chum .
Paneer and chenna, both are made using the same method. The only difference is chenna has its moisture retained whereas paneer is set to get a firm block. You can coagulate milk using lemon juice, vinegar or citric acid. Wash it thoroughly to get rid of the sour flavor.
The crumbly, soft texture makes fresh chenna an ideal choice for creating the perfect Bengali mithai.
Is Chenna healthy?
Chenna is a base used in making Bengali sweets. Chenna is a basically a softer paneer used in making Mithai. So Chenna is healthy but be careful. If you are Diabetic, Heart Patient or want to loose weight, i suggest you avoid or eat in moderation. The reason being is that this Cheena recipe calls for full fat milk and hence the calories are very high.
It's what you add to the Chenna is the problem. Since its used to make Mithai, then sugar, milk, maida is added to sweeten the Chenna which then makes it unhealthy.
One cup of Chenna has 719 calories. But they are healthy good fat calories with protein, Vitamin B2, tons of Calcium to make your bones strong.
Chenna is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
6. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
7. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
8. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 719 calories that come from one cup of Chenna?
Walking (6 kmph) = 3 hrs 36 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1 hr 12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 36 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2 hrs 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.