How many calories does one Chatpata Rajma Wrap have?
One Chatpata Rajma Wrap gives 300 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 158 calories, proteins account for 37 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 106 calories. One Chatpata Rajma Wrap provides about 15 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Chatpata Rajma Wrap recipe. Go all out on this wonderful rajma recipe that retains all the taste without being calorie-dense! the spiciness of rajma is balanced by rolling up this wrap with a chunky curd dressing. A protein-packed wrap, this helps you stay strong and healthy!
Is Chatpata Rajma Wrap healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Rajma is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
7. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. Cucumber forms a healthy snack as it's alkaline and a great acidity snack reliever. So you can have it as a snack at work. Better to have it peeled to remove the effects of pesticides. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chatpata Rajma Wrap?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Use low faat curds in the recipe. Whole wheat flour used in making the wrap is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food.
Can healthy individuals have Chatpata Rajma Wrap?
Chatpata Rajma Wrap is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 300 calories that come from Chatpata Rajma Wrap?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 30 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 30 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 40 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 51 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.