How many calories does one Cauliflower Paratha have?
One Cauliflower Paratha gives 195 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 120 calories, proteins account for 21 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 54 calorie. One Cauliflower Paratha provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Cauliflower Paratha recipe. These Parathas are very popular and always made in every household. It is mostly made on a Sunday for breakfast and served with fresh curds and pickle to make a complete meal. These parathas are also great to take in dabbaand eaten when hungry.
Is Cauliflower Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cauliflower : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage) maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
2. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cauliflower Paratha ?
Well, the fat content is high as the cauliflower stuffing is cooked in oil. Try and reduce the oil for diabetics and make sure you pair this with low fat curds to cut the carb content in your meal. Eat in limited quantity.
Can healthy individuals have Cauliflower Paratha ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Cauliflower Paratha is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 195 calories that come from one Cauliflower Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 11 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 24 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 40 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual