How many calories does one small glass Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice have?
One small glass Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice gives 52 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 44 calories, proteins account for 5 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One small glass Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice recipe. Juices are a good way of keeping up your veggie consumption even on busy days. You can quickly prepare a glassful of Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice and slurp it up in a jiffy, or even carry it along in a leak-proof container to relish on-the-go.
This lovely juice helps you top up on fibre, to keep cholesterol problems at bay. While we have used spinach and parsley, you can also use other greens of your choice. However, make sure you toss in a little celery and lemon juice because they pep up the flavour remarkably.
Is Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Parsley : Parsley is a fairly good source of calcium, which is definitely known to support bone strength. Adding parsley to you meals daily will help you build your red blood cells count and haemoglobin levels and overcome anaemia. A glass of parsley juice is a very good detox to flush out toxins from your body and fight kidney stones. A cup of freshly chopped parsley fulfils your days requirement of vitamin C and vitamin K and folate. Parsley is part of Heart-friendly foods. See detailed benefits of parsley.
4. Celery (Ajmoda) : Celery helps reduce the total blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, thus reducing the clogging of arteries and chances of stroke. Diabetics too can include this vegetable to their diet as its high fiber contribute to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar levels. Potassium and its active compound phthalides have shown positive effects in controlling blood pressure. See detailed benefits of celery.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice ?
No for diabetics as it's always better to consume the whole fruit. Yes for heart as carrots relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Parsley is part of Heart-friendly foods. Yes, for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice ?
Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice is good for
1. Healthy heart juices, drinks
2. Low cholesterol juices, drinks
3. Athletes juices and smoothies
4. Healthy juices and smoothies for breakfast
5. Healthy food for kids
6. Low carb juices, drinks, smoothies
7. rich Vitamin C juice
Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5.Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 52 calories that come from Carrot Spinach and Parsley Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 16 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 5 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 7 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 9 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.