How many calories does one glass Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie have?
One glass Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie gives 202 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 91 calories, proteins account for 19 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 76 calories. One glass Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie recipe. An exotic smoothie with the inimitable touch of blueberries, the Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie is like a service camp for your body cells! It is sure to spark up the fire in you and put you back on track with its vibrant, tangy flavour. While orange, blueberry and yoghurt are all tangy ingredients, the flavour of the smoothie is surprisingly balanced, all thanks to the addition of a little coconut milk.
Is Bluberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Blueberries : Blueberries are a powerful antioxidant, especially anthocyanins which help fight cancer and degeneration of cells. They are low in calories, rich in fibre and good for daibetics.
2. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges, Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
4. Coconut Milk : Recent research says that not eating enough fat can actually make fat. But you need to choose the type of fat correctly. And the answer is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) – which goes directly to the liver and does not get stored as fat in body. Coconut milk contains some amount of potassium which is beneficial for those with high blood pressure.The lauric acid present in coconut milk has a positive effect on cholesterol levels improves heart health too. Read detailed benefits of coconut milk.
What's the problem?
Honey is a refined food and like sugar.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie?
No for diabetics and yes for weight loss and heart. Made of good quality ingredients which have healthy fat. Skip the honey used in the recipe. Blueberries are low in calories, rich in fibre and good for daibetics and weight loss. Curds help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity.
Can healthy individuals have Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie?
This is a super healthy recipe. Made up of blueberries, curd and oranges which are perfect for a healthy smoothie. While this recipe is high on calories, it is loaded with healthy calories. This blueberry smoothie is good to have for breakfast or post workout smoothie.
Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 202 calories that come from Blueberry Orange and Yoghurt Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 1 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 20 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 27 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 35 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.