How many calories does one serving of Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita have?
One serving of Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita gives 143 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 24 calories, proteins account for 16 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 94 calories. One serving of Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita recipe. A rich and luscious raita with a variety of ingredients. The peppy taste of coriander and green chillies complements the crunchy feel of peanuts and coconut in the beetroot, cucumber and tomato raita, while a tempering of cumin seeds and asafoetida gives out appetising whiffs!
Is Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beet juice. Beat Diabetes with Low Glycemic Load Beet. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
2. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will avoid that elevate blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita ?
Yes, BUT use low fat curds and drop the sugar. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart.
Can healthy individuals have Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita ?
Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 143 calories that come from Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 43 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 14 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 19 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 25 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.