How many calories does one small glass Banana and Pineapple Smoothie have?
One small glass Banana and Pineapple Smoothie gives 156 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 137 calories, proteins account for 15 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One small glass Banana and Pineapple Smoothie provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Banana and Pineapple Smoothie recipe. Staying young means staying fit, supple and flexible! Here is a delicious Banana and Pineapple Smoothie that will help you do just that.
Made of fruits, low-fat milk and curds, this smoothie is a great way to include calcium-rich dairy products in your diet. The vitamin C in pineapple aids the absorption of calcium, and improves your bone mass.
The best part is that this tasty treat is sure to appeal to kids, so you can put a smile on their faces and help out their bones too, at the same time!
Check out for many more Calcium Rich Recipes ,these are sure to kindle your kids appetite and help maintain healthy teeth and bones.
Is Banana and Pineapple Smoothie healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. 1 medium banana of 72 grams gives Magnesium which is good for heart health. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
What's the problem?
Pineapple (Ananas) : Packed with vitamin C (64.7 mg / cup), pineapple is one such fruit which boosts immunity. They help build our line of defence against diseases by building white blood cells (WBC). It is known for its laxative effect and overcome or prevent constipation. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. By reducing inflammation it helps to relieve the joint pain related to arthritis. Cons : Pineapple as a sole snack would not be recommended for diabetics. Paired with other high fiber and low glycemic index fruits, you can include it in small portions. Pineapple is not very low in calories nor carbs and hence not good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of pineapple.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Banana and Pineapple Smoothie ?
No for diabetics as the GI is high. Yes for heart. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. We have used low fat curds and low fat milk which works for a healthy heart. No for weight loss as pineapple is high in calories.
Can healthy individuals have Banana and Pineapple Smoothie ?
Banana and Pineapple Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 156 calories that come from Banana and Pineapple Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 47 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 16 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 21 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 27 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.