How many calories does one Baked Puri have?
One Baked Puri gives 6 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 5 calories, proteins account for 0.8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 0.9 calories. One Baked Puri provides about 0 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Baked Puri recipe. baked papdi recipe | baked puris | homemade baked papdi | healthy baked puri .
Weight watching and craving for chaat? We have a perfect baked papdi recipe also known as baked puri for you which will help kill your chaat cravings and you can have it without feeling guilty as it is super healthy baked puri.
Traditionally the puris are made using maida and are deep fried. But here, we have used whole wheat flour in baked papdi and have cut down the quantity of oil. Hence they are called healthy baked puris as they are made of healthy whole wheat flour and small amounts of oil.
Puris and Papadis... yumm, the very words remind one of a delectable spread of chaats! Indeed, these versatile crispies are the base of many an interesting snack, including sev puri. Also, papdi’s are used in papdi chaat, bhel puri etc. You can also relished baked papdi with any dip or you can also crush and make a salad out of it. You can also have healthy baked puri plain as a jar snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
The method to make these homemade baked papdi is very quick and simple. All you need to do is knead a semi-soft dough using whole-wheat flour, salt and little oil which would help making the baked puris flaky and crispy. Further, divide and roll into a big circular sheet and cut into small circles using a cookie cutter. Place them on a greased baking tray and bake for 10 mins at 200c. Keep an eye on it as it gets baked real quick. Once the puris are baked, make sure you cool them completely before storing homemade baked papdi in a jar or it may turn soggy.
I make large batches of crispy baked puri and store them in an air-tight container and when hunger calls in baked puri is the answer sometimes. When you bake these puris at home, it is healthier and also safest ingredients are used.
What is better than low-cal puris (papadis), so you can relish your favourite chaats more frequently? Baking offers a way out by making crisp baked puris (baked papdi).
Is Baked Puri healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Baked Puri?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This is a perfectly healthy snack as its made from 100% whole wheat flour and baked. Use this baked puri in all your chaat recipes instead of buying deep fried puris.
Can healthy individuals have Baked Puri?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 6 calories that come from Baked Puri?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.