How many calories does one serving of Bajra Khichdi have?
One serving of Bajra Khichdi gives 337 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 200 calories, proteins account for 56 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 81 calories. One serving of Bajra Khichdi provides about 17 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Bajra Khichdi recipe.
Is Bajra Khichdi healthy?
Bajra Khichdi is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
6. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
7. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
8. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 337 calories that come from one serving of Bajra Khichdi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 41 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 34 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 45 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 58 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.