How many calories does one serving of Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats have?
One serving of Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats gives 800 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 326 calories, proteins account for 103 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 376 calories. One serving of Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats provides about 40 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats recipe. Steel-cut oats is a high-fibre product made by slicing oat grains into two or three groats each. It is healthier and more mealy than quick cooking oats, and has a really awesome mouth-feel. You can make exciting breakfast and snack options by combining steel-cut oats with fruits and spices. This delicious recipe combines steel-cut oats with juicy apples and creamy bananas, all soaked in nourishing almond milk with a tinge of vanilla.
Is Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
2. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
3. Oats : Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole Oats have an antioxidant called Avenanthramide (a polyphenol from oats) which helps lower blood pressure levels. Soluble fibre absorbs water and swells and to become gel like substance which helps in the absorption of nutrients like B Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc which are key to a good heart. See here why oats are good for you?
4. Almonds (badam) : Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT in restricted quantity. Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development.
Can healthy individuals have Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats?
Yes, this is healthy.
Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
7. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
8. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
9. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
10. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
11. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
12. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 800 calories that come from Apple and Banana Steel Cut Oats?
Walking (6 kmph) = 4hr 0 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1hr 20 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1hr 47 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2hr 17 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.