Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7708 times
Cake milk) is a rich cake recipe made from thickened milk, sugar and served garnished with crushed nuts .Find a vast collection of cake recipe , milk recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Cake(milk) recipe - How to make Cake(milk)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Pour the milk in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the alum and mix well.
- Simmer till the milk reduces to half, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and increase the flame stirring continuously, till the sugar has dissolved.
- The mixture may appear curdled, but continue to simmer and stir till it thickens and resembles khoya.
- Keep stirring on a high flame till all the liquid evaporates.
- Add the ghee and mix well.
- Meanwhile, grease a 200 mm. (8") diameter cake tin and decorate the base with the slivered almonds.
- Pour the hot milk cake mixture on it and cover with aluminimum foil.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill.
- Upturn the cake onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds as shown in the above picture.(whipped cream as some small flowers)
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.