Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3533 times
Cabbage leaf rolls stuffed with low-calorie stir-fry vegetables. Tastes as delicious as it sounds!
- Bring about 3-4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add the cabbage leaves and blanch for about 20-30 minutes or until the cabbage is completely cooked and edible.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic powder and red chili flakes.
- Add all the veggies along with green chili and fry on high flame for 2-3 minutes till they are cooked slightly but are yet crunchy.
- Add all the masala powders and salt and saute for another 2 minutes. You may cook them covered for another 2 minutes if you find that the veggies haven’t cooked completely.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Take the cooked cabbage leaves and cut off the stem/hard bottom part of each leaf.
- Take about ¼ cup of the prepared stir-fry veggies and place it near the cut stem part of the leaf.
- Cover this with the sides of the cabbage first and then roll it up like a wrap or burrito.
- Place a toothpick to seal the edges.
- Once all the cabbage rolls are sealed, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the cabbage rolls on both sides till they get a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and serve them hot topped with marinara/pasta sauce!!
This recipe was contributed by PK'sKitchenEquations on 11 Aug 2016I am a food blogger and foodie, loves cooking and sharing recipes
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.