by Palak Rajput
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19402 times
Enjoy crispy and tasty homemade butter murukku. Everyone at your home will love it in the evening time snacks.
- In a deep pan, dry roast the urad dal till light brown, cool and blend in a mixer into a fine powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the urad dal powder in a bowl and gradually add 2 cups of hot water and knead into semi-soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and place one portion of the dough into the chakli press and make chakkis.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make more chakkis.
- Heat the oil in the kadhai and deep-fry the chakli till crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Store in air-tight container when it is cooled.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.