Bunny Chow by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 340 times
Here’s an awesomely tasty fast food from the kitchens of South Africa. An all-time favourite in that region, Bunny Chow or Bunny as it is fondly called is made by hollowing out a loaf of bread and filling it with tongue-tickling curry.
Recipe Description for Bunny Chow
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, asafoetida, fenugreek leaves and 2 tbsp of water and cook for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
- Now add the tomato pulp with ¼ cup water, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, green peas, carrots, potatoes, capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Lightly mash it using a potato masher or till it reaches a thick gravy consistency.
- Switch off the flame, add the garam masala and mix well.
- Finally add chopped coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a burger bun on a clean dry surface and make a square slit on top using a sharp knife and scoop out some of the bread to create a depression to form a cavity.
- Put ¼th of the prepared gravy into the bread bowls.
- Garnish it with 1 tbsp cheese and 1 tbsp cabbage evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 10 to 12 to make 3 more bunny chows.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.