Bulgur Wheat Kheer Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8190 times
Can you imagine a festive menu without kheer? Indeed, kheer is very close to our heart and our culture too. Unfortunately, this irresistible treat overshoots healthy calorie limits when cooked richly with full cream milk, nuts and loads of sugar. Bulgur Wheat Kheer is a good way out. By using high-fibre bulgur wheat with low fat milk and minimal sugar, this kheer turns out to be a heart-friendly and waistline-friendly treat, if had in small portions.
Recipe Description for Bulgur Wheat Kheer
- Wash and soak the broken wheat in ½ cup water for 15 minutes. Drain and discard the water.
- Combine the soaked broken wheat along with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, sugar and cornflour–milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep aside to cool slightly and refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- Serve chilled garnished with the saffron stands or rose petals.
See step by step images of Bulgur Wheat Kheer Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.