Brown Rice Risotto (Zero Oil & Healthy Heart Recipe) Video By Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6528 times
Risotto is one of the most famous Italian rice dishes, now popular all over the world. While it is now beheld as an exotic recipe, most Italians look at Risotto as a homely and soothing meal made with rice and some form of stock. Here is a vegetarian, cheese-based version that is made heart-friendly by using high-fibre brown rice, minimal cheese, and a mixture of cornflour and low-fat milk for thickening. With capsicums for colour and crunch, this Brown Rice Risotto is flavoured using readily-available ingredients that nevertheless add an irresistible aroma and taste.
Recipe Description for Brown Rice Risotto
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1 tbsp of milk and keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and garlic and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture starts burning.
- Add the capsicum and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining milk, salt, chilli flakes, oregano and cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 1 tbsp of water and mash well using a potato masher.
- Add the cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately garnished with coloured capsicum.
Nutrient values per serving
| 184 calories|| 6.3 gm|| 35.4 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 2.5 gm|| 0.8 mg|| 131.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.