Broken Wheat Delight
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10697 times
1.lime juice can be added later also as some people do not prefer it.
2.salt can be added beforehand while boiling the broken wheat also, it tastes good.
- Take 1 tbsp oil in the pressure cooker. heat it.
- Add the broken wheat to this heated oil and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Then add 2 cups water to the sauted broken wheat and keep for boiling till 3 whistles.
- Till the time the broken wheat gets boiled, take the chopped carrots, french beans and green peas in a vessel.
- Add water to the mixed vegetables till it comes to the level of the vegetables, and a pinch of soda and salt. let these vegetables boil.
- When the broken wheat and the chopped vegetables are boiled, take 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Heat the oil and add asafoetida and urad dal to it.
- When the urad dal turns pink add the mustard seeds to the oil.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the chopped green chillies and curry leaves to the oil.
- Now put the broken wheat in the vessel and also add the boiled vegetables.
- Add turmeric powder, salt to taste,lime juice and sugar and mix well till the turmeric colour shows.
- Remove in a dish and serve hot with curd or fried papad/ pack it in ur dabba and carry it as your delightful treat!
This recipe was contributed by sheelab on 18 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.