Broccoli and Bajra Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32748 times
Bajra is a storehouse of nutrients, but hardly included in the diet except perhaps as a khichdi or roti. Here is a truly delicious snack made of whole bajra and broccoli. Chopped onions, garlic and red chilli flakes impart tremendous taste to this snack, while olive oil, though used in small quantities lends its characteristic aroma to it. This snack appears to be time-consuming only because bajra has a hard texture and takes time to cook. However, because we have chosen to pressure cook it, the effort you have to put in is minimal, making this a very easy snack indeed.
- Combine the bajra and salt with 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bajra, salt and chilli flakes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.