Brinjal Soup ( Rasam)
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9915 times
Brinjal soup/ rasam is a tangy soup made with brinjals and tamarind. Very healthy and can be had as it is or with rice.
Add your private note
Brinjal Soup ( Rasam) recipe - How to make Brinjal Soup ( Rasam)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Roast brinjals on an open flame till tender, remove skin and mash it make smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chilies and asafoetida and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the brinjal paste and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and rasam powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp with 2 cups of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by priyadarshini123 on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.