Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7482 times
1. its a very easy to make recipe & the taste is jst yummy.
Add your private note
Bread dosa recipe - How to make Bread dosa
Cooking Time: Total Time:
White bread 10 slices
Semolina (rawa/suji) 1/2 cup
Rice flour 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Yogurt, whisked 2 teaspoon
Oil 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) 2 teaspoon
Curry leaves, chopped Ginger, chopped 1/2 inch piece
Green chillies, chopped
Onion chopped1 medium
- 1.trim the edges of the bread slices. soak the slices in sufficient water for two to three minutes.
- 2.take semolina, rice flour, salt and add sufficient water to make a thin batter. squeeze out excess water from the soaked bread and lightly crumble with hand. add it to the batter along with whisked yogurt. put the mixture in a mixer and blend. transfer to a clean bowl and adjust the consistency.
- 3.heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. add mustard seeds, dhuli urad dal, curry leaves, chopped ginger, green chillies, onion and sauté till onions are lightly browned. set aside to cool.
- 4.heat a dosa tawa. put some oil on it and wipe with a clean wet cloth.
- 5.add the tempering to the batter and mix well.
- 6.pour a ladleful of the batter onto the hot tawa and spread. pour a little oil on top and sides and cook for two to three minutes. turn and cook the other side similarly.
- Prepare the other dosas similarly. serve hot with coocnut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#413857 on 10 Jun 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.