3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14847 times
Yes, these are the all-time-favourite baked potatoes which are spiced with the traditional baharat powder to let the recipe find place in this book. Spinach is not added in the original baked potatoes, but here it imparts a flavour liked by the Lebanese thus it is included.
- Cut the potatoes into thick roundels and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the spinach and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cream, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a low flame for 3-4 minutes till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6") x 100 mm. (4") diameter dish and spread half the potato roundels on it.
- Pour ¼ cup of cream and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of baharat and salt over it.
- Spread the spinach mixture over it and then the remaining potato roundels over it.
- Top with the remaining cream, cheese and baharat.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 230ºC (460ºF) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.