Biscuit Cake, Chocolate Biscuit Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48928 times
This Biscuit Cake is a head-turner, with its fabulously good looks. But that’s not all. Its intensely chocolaty flavour, balanced by the salty crispness of digestive biscuits, is a heavenly experience that will delight your senses. The Biscuit Cake is quite easy to make, as it is quickly prepared by mixing a creamy chocolate mixture into broken biscuits, and refrigerating it to set. However, the outcome is so delightful that nobody will believe it was so easy to make!
- Combine the dark chocolate and fresh cream in a deep bowl and mix well. If chocolate-cream mixture drops from the spoon instantly, then refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
- Combine ¾ cup of water, sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a non-stick saucepan, mix well and bring to boil and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the chocolate mixture starts boiling for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a deep bowl, pour the warm chocolate mixture gradually over it and mix well using a spatula till the chocolate mixture coats the biscuit pieces evenly. Keep aside.
- Place a loose bottom tin without the base on a flat plate, pour the biscuit-chocolate mixture in it and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Pour the chocolate-cream mixture over it and spread it evenly using the spatula. Finally form small peeks of chocolate-cream mixture using the spatula.
- Loosen the sides of the tin with a knife and demould the cake.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
Biscuit Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.