Bhajji Pav (Mumbai Roadside) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2796 times
The all-time favourite combination of soft, succulent pav buns and yummy potatoes, which features in many Mumbai roadside snacks like Pav Bhaji and Vada Pav comes together in an easier and more handy form in this dish. Here, potato slices are dipped in a besan batter and deep-fried into bhajias, which are then sandwiched between pav buns along with a drizzling of tongue-tickling chutneys. You can keep the sauces ready, but deep-fry the potatoes just before preparing the Bhajji Pav, because the crispness of the bhajias and the tang of the chutneys are the secrets behind the success of this Mumbai-wali treat.
Recipe Description for Bhajji Pav ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip 6 potato slices one by one, in the batter and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour and crisp from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 3 to deep-fry 24 more bhajjis in 4 more batches.
- Slit a pav horizontally, apply 1½ tsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 1 tsp green chutney on both the sdies of the pav.
- Arrange 6 hot bhajjis over the chutneys on the lower half of the pav.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of dry garlic chutney evenly all over it.
- Cover the bhajjs with the upper half of the pav and press it gently.
- Repeat step 1 to 4 to make 4 more bhajji pavs.
- Serve immediately with fried green chillies.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.