by Bhavana kandalla
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43053 times
The cheela comes out best when generously roasted with oil. you can add freshly grated cauliflower or cheese too. innovate!
Add your private note
Besan cheela recipe - How to make Besan cheela
Cooking Time: Total Time:
besan-dry roasted-2 cups
regular wheat flour-dry roasted 1 cup
onions-finely chopped- 3 medium
garlic pods- 12-finely chopped
spinach-washed, chopped finely- 1 medium bunch
green coriander-washed, finely chopped salt to taste
green chillies-finely chopped-to taste
red chilly powder to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Add enough water to make a dosa-consistency paste
- Heat a non-stick tawa well
- Oil the tawa when ready
- Pour one big ladle of the batter per dosa
- Add oil as per taste
- Let cook on high to medium flame
- Make the cheela thickness as per taste
- Serve with achaar/fresh coconut chutney/fresh tomato chutney
This recipe was contributed by Bhavana kandalla on 16 Sep 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.