Besan Barfi, Indian Sweet Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1325 times
Richness personified yet unbelievably easy to make, the Besan Barfi is an Indian sweet that even beginners can make very quickly. The secret of this recipe’s success lies in the proportions of ingredients and the smart methods of cooking them.
Recipe Description for Besan Barfi, Indian Sweet
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the besan and rava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Put the mixture into a greased 225 mm. (9”) by 125 mm. (5”) diameter rectangle tin and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the almond slivers evenly over it and press it lightly.
- Cut into 10 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Keep it aside for 2 hours.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
See step by step images of Besan Barfi, Indian Sweet Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.