Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3222 times
Handy tip's) :
1. you can also flavour the batter with chilli powder or garlic paste or spinach purée to make spicy sev, garlic sev or spinach sev.
Add your private note
Basic Sev recipe - How to make Basic Sev
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Combine the bengal gram flour, oil, asafoetida and turmeric powder, salt and approximately 3 tablespoons of water to make a stiff dough.
- Fill the dough into a sev "press" and press out thin strands into hot oil.
- Deep fry on a slow flame till light brown and crisp.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.