Banarasi Bharwan Aloo
by MONIKA BHOJWANI
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15468 times
Half cut potatoes stuffed with paneer, coriander leaves, green chillies, raisins, cashewnuts and cooked in a tasty and thick gravy.
- Peel and halve potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep-fry potatoes till they are golden brown from all the sides. Drain and keep aside to cool.
- Scoop out the middle of each half potato and chop the scooped out portion of the potatoes.
- Add the paneer, coriander, green chillies, raisins, cashewnuts and salt and mix well.
- Stuffed the scooped out potato halves with this filling and keep aside.
- Heat two tbsp of oil in a kadai, add asafoetida, roasted fennel seeds, cumin seeds, ginger and sauté for few seconds. Add tomato puree and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, 1/2 cup of water and cook for three to four minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Add the amchur powder, grated jaggery and salt and mix well.
- Add stuffed potatoes to this gravy and cook on a slow flame for three to four minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and stir gently and cook till the gravy is reduced slightly.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by MONIKA BHOJWANI on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.