Banana Pecan/ Walnut Muffin Cake
by Nitika Jain
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8402 times
Banana Pecan/ Walnut Muffin Cake makes a great combimnation!
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder at least 3 times through a fine sieve. Keep aside.
- Mash the bananas really well with your hands, so little pieces are still there.
- Add the butter and again mash it into the banana mixture, add the maple syrup/ honey and vanilla essence and mix well with the help of your hands.
- Add the prepared sieved flour, baking powder and salt mixture and again with your hands mix it really well.. Do not use an electric blender or a spoon. Use your hands and squeeze and blend and make the flour and banana mixture into a nice homogeneous mass.
- It will have dropping consistency.
- Add the chopped pecans or walnuts and raisins to this mixture, reserve a small handful to garnish. Mix the nuts and raisins in well.
- Lightly grease with butter a baking tray and pour the mixture into it. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
- When the mixture has firmed up a bit, you can optionally give it a milk bath. Using some a liquid which is 1 part milk, 2 parts water, just brush the top of the cake lightly and quickly and replace into the oven. This just gives a very nice glaze effect to the cake. It shines when it is done.
This recipe was contributed by Nitika Jain on 04 Mar 2011I love cooking..... i indulge in eggless cooking.... i love baking cakes... making ice creams, desse...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.