Baked Mushroom Rolls with Tomato and White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25249 times
Baked Mushroom Rolls with Tomato and White Sauce is a treat that is sure to please almost everybody, whether they love creamy sauces or tangy ones! This dish scores a winning point by using fibre-rich mushroom, which helps maintain blood sugar levels. Another favourable aspect of this recipe is that the white sauce is made using whole wheat flour and minimal oil, rather than plain flour and butter. Remember that oil is the best of all fats, however even that should be consumed only in moderation.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the oregano, coriander and black pepper powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the whole wheat flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Divide the filling into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic and 2½ tbsp of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a broad non-stick pan, add the chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the filling in the centre and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 1 to make 2 more rolls.
- Arrange all the 3 rolls on a baking dish, pour the tomato sauce and white sauce evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.