Baked Eggplants Topped with Curds
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11582 times
Baked Eggplants Topped with Curds is a simple recipe with common ingredients, but works as a great appetizer!
The brinjals are baked twice – first salted, and again with a coating of olive oil, ginger, garlic and other tongue-tickling ingredients.
The interesting thing is that after all this baking, the brinjals still retain their juiciness, which gives the dish a wonderful mouth-feel.
Topped with a dollop of curd, and garnished with tomatoes and coriander, the baked eggplants taste really awesome. Remember to place butter paper on the baking tray to prevent the brinjals from sticking to the tray.
Enjoy other exotic brinjal dishes like Brinjal and Bok Choy in Blackbean Sauce and Stuffed Bulgur and Brinjal Bake .
- Combine the brinjal and olive oil in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Place a butter paper on the baking tray and arrange all the brinjal slices at regular intervals.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt evenly over it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Divide the prepared mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Spread a portion of the mixture evenly over each brinjal slice and again bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Transfer all the brinjal slices on a serving plate, put 1 tbsp of curds and 1 slice of tomato over each of the brinjal slices.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and coriander evenly over them.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.